If you have recently bought new furniture and planning to throw away your old furniture pieces, think twice. Instead, why not recycle them. Recycling is not only an eco-friendly choice, but it also is a good way of serving the society.
How To Reuse And Recycle Your Furniture And Furnishing?
There are ways in which you can reuse your old furniture, carpet, flooring, mattresses etc. There are many companies that help you in recycling the old furniture. You can send your furniture to these places so that it can be reused.
Some of the ways in which you can reuse your furniture, furnishing, etc are:
- If your furniture is still good, donating them is a very good option. You can donate to a non-profit or charitable organisation, and help some people in need. You can also call a collection service to smoothen out the entire transportation issue.
- You can even buy some pre-used furniture instead of buying new one. This way you can save a lot of cost while at the same time give a new look and feel to the house. If need be, you can even get these furniture revamped at very reasonable cost. There are many online merchants who have a vast array of pre-used furniture for sale.
- Contrary to furniture, mattresses are generally not in a reusable condition. Until and unless your old mattress is in a good state, it might not make enough sense to donate it.
- There are some companies that recycle mattresses as well. They can take out the material and use it to make a new mattress. You might like to check out these places to get an idea.
- Carpets that are still good can be easily donated. You can contact any of the companies that handle such donations and they will arrange the pick-up and donation for you.
- Some of the usable material from the carpets and mattress are salvaged and used t make different things. This is a good way to reduce landfill.
- For disposing off office furniture, visit any of the sites that give assistance on collection and disposal of such furniture.
How to Move Your Bulky Furniture for Recycling: If you do agree that recycling is important but are wondering how to move those heavy and bulky furniture pieces of yours, fret no more. There are many companies that provide recycling services.
If you book in advance, they will come to your premise to collect the old furniture and then refurbish it to make them look brand new. They have trained employees that have the right knowledge and expertise to work on old, but usable furniture pieces to make them look like new.
You can even donate your used furniture (Kasutatud mööbel), furnishing to these places and they after refurbishing the pieces will give them away as donations. These companies usually have their own trailers or vans for transporting the furniture.
Thus, if your furniture is still good to be used and you are worried that dismantling it might damage it, need not worry. Your furniture will be safely transported by their network. For more information on such recycling services, visit http://uuskasutus.ee/anneta-asju/#sinu-kasutatud-moobel-hakkab-kaunistama-uut-kodu.
Reuse and recycle is good for the environment and we must all do our bit for the planet. So, before you throw away your old furniture give donation a thought.
Mark Farley has written articles on why you should encourage donation of used furniture and about its benefits to the environment. You could also go through their website, http://uuskasutus.ee/anneta-asju/#sinu-kasutatud-moobel-hakkab-kaunistama-uut-kodu to learn more about their services.